Friday, June 4, 2010

No Words Needed

One of the more amusing aspects of being a teacher, in an institution where almost no subject is taboo, is that students ask me just about anything that pops into their heads. I am constantly having to think on my feet, and I really feel a responsibility to give them honest answers that also include answering, "I don't know."

This post is an answer to one of my favorite questions regarding storytelling: "What is your favorite movie scene of all time?"

Here is a clip from Spirited Away by Sensei Hayao Miyazaki, who is one of the finest, if not the finest, storytellers alive today. Ignore the dialogue and drink in the music, sound effects and scenery. The shot of the little house with the orange roof happens to also be my favorite shot of all time.

1 comment: